terça-feira, 2 de julho de 2019

TSDcast 77 - Deadroom (Entrevista + Mix)


Directamente de Itália para o TSDcast - Deadroom

Take a step to Dub - Hi Luca, a big welcome from all at Take a step to Dub, how goes?

Deadroom - Greetings to all the Take a step crew, I am very happy to exchange a few words with you who have always been pushing the international Bass music scene.

T - What’s the story behind the name Deadroom, if any?

D - The name Deadroom comes from a term used in acoustics in which a room is devoid of reflections, then everyone can 'get what he wants, it may seem like a name a bit "horror" but it was not my intention at all :)

T - Although you’re no stranger to the digital community surrounding bass music, could you tell us a little about yourself for the guys who are new to Deadroom?

D - I try to blend all the sounds that have always influenced me, in what I currently do, before the Deadroom project I made music under other pseudonyms always working in electronic music, without being there to make a long list of artists and genres, the most influential ones were surely, hiphop first of all then idm, done well and dub / tehcno dub, even acoustic music excites me so much.

T - How do you think your sound has developed since you started?

D - I think that you never stop learning and being in contact with other artists helps a lot, I always try to improve what I do and I don't consider myself a master, in fact I never get to be 100% satisfied, I don't know if it's a good thing .. :) I am 36 years old and I come from when electronic music was made with the akia mpc2000 or 950 ... so the digital approach was a bit slower than the new generation.

T - Outside of production, what other interests or hobbies do you dabble in? Do any of these activities inspire you creatively when returning to the studio?

D - I have a passion for cycling, and gardening ... :)

No, my passions only help me to release stress, my approach to music expresses what I am, I don't like presets and I follow the market, trying to produce an original sound has always been fundamental for me, even if it's not said I always think that the life you do and the context in which you live is the most influential thing in music.

T - Last year was obviously huge for you, with massive releases in labels such Bleak Winter & Green King Cuts. Could you talk us trough your creative process when producing music?


D - Yes the collaboration these two labels, and also moonshine rec, I think they gave me a lot of visibility ', they are very strong crew that believe a lot in what they do, they invest us a lot and they are very prepared people, they give a great contribution to the scene.

I don't have a precise creative process or a script made of "template" or "default" I sit at my desk listening to drum samples and start programming, often with the same track I have many different versions and mixes.

T - So in your opinion, who is the audience that identifies with your music?

D - Honestly I do not imagine the "typical" person who identifies himself in what I do, surely I hope that what I do sounds good in the sound system and that it can make travel.

T - Can you give us any cheeky upfront information about what we might be seeing from you for the rest of the year?

D - I have so many traces on the fire but nothing definite.

T - How do you feel about social media in all of its influence on the music game now?

D - I am not much of a social media user, I have profiles, but I care very little, I find sound cloud very useful a bit like the old days of myspace, souncloud is very immediate and professional.

T - Talking about the music game, who would you be recommending in terms of artists or labels, who are you vibing with right now?

D - I think there is so much choice and quality in the international dubstep scene, there are always new artists and always fresh labels.

T - We are quite excited about the mix you put together for us. Tell us a little bit about the selection process, down to the final recording?

D - I prepared a mix made exclusively of my own tracks, I thought it was the most correct and genuine thing, I recorded it playing it live with the console

T - Thank you for your time brother, all the best for the future. Are there any final comments / shoutouts you wanna share to wrap things up?

D - I was pleased to share my experience with you I hope the best for you and for the whole scene thanks!

A greeting from Luca

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário