quarta-feira, 2 de janeiro de 2019

TSDcast 74 - Dayzero (Entrevista + Mix)


Seria impossivel pedir um começo melhor para 2019!
Directamente do Japão para o TSDcast - Dayzero

Take a step to dub - Hey Tsuyoshi, thanks for taking the time to answer some questions. How you define 2018 and how is 2019 shaping up for you?

Dayzero - Thank you and sorry for my bad english haha.

I had many releases but i didnt have gigs as much as i used to in 2018. I wanna visit many places for djing in 2019. Of course, keep pace of makin new stuffs with 2018 too.

TSD - Everyone knows that the Japanese have the best record collections and are enormous supporters of all types of underground music. Tell us about the culture you were surrounded by when you first started making tracks?

D - I was not in any typical culture but there were many friends play their own music like Punk Rock band,Rapper,House music producer etc. I learn from them how to promote my music.

TSD - How do you think your sound has developed since you started?

D - I thought to make sound like someone at first, but i dont think so now. I want to make Dayzero style tunes. I try to put elements of something like music i listened to my music based on Dubstep. 

TSD - We are supremely stoked with your latest releases, coming through with some raucous tunes that buzz with emotion and fresh personality, and we would love to gain some insight into your musical world both in and out of the studio. Where do you tend to draw inspiration from when it comes to music making?

D - Funny drum patterns, glitch effects, my friend's tune, event like shit, scene of anime,, many things inspire me.I wish i can express myself in my music.

TSD - You've just dropped a heavyweight 12" for Sentry Records. How did that relationship come about?


D - I sent Youngsta some tunes and he asked some of these for Sentry. I couldnt believe it. Some of my tunes are exclusive for him, "Down by Law" is one of these. 

Of course i kept sending to Youngsta for a long time. It was different Email so i think these tunes i sent then arent checked by him tho hahaha.

TSD - In your opinion, who is the audience that identifies with your music? 

D - It may almost of these are dope dubstep heads now. 

TSD - How do you feel about social media in all of its influence on the music game now?

D - There are many good and bad influence of social media. The most important good topic is we can get info about music easily. I'm not good at English and I live in Japan,not US or Europe. However, my music is known by many people and signed with many labels. I have many friends around the world. I think these are good influence. We should use social media well.

TSD - Last year was obviously huge for you. Where do you want to go with your career in 2019? 

D - I think I need to dj in many places around the world and prepare for it just now. Feel free to hit  me up if you guys want to book me.

TSD - Aside your music you also run a label alongside Karnage. How’s Vomitspit doing these days and what have the label been working on? 

D - We plan to release music by us and our friends. Pls send us your tunes if you are interested in!

TSD - Are you allowed to talk about any of the upcoming Vomitspit releases?

D - Some Digi EPs are about to be released. We also plan to release vinyl series. Just makin 1st one now.

TSD - How would you describe the 140 scene in Japan today? What producers are making your ears prick up, so to speak?

D - It's not big but there are some good producers like GothTrad,Karnage,etc in Japan.

TSD - We are quite excited about the mix you put together for us. Tell us a little bit about the selection process, down to the final recording?

D - I play my recently works and some of favorite by friends. Hope you enjoy these.

TSD - Before we finish... looking into the future, what projects are you currently working on and what can we expect from you?

D - It may not good answer but Vomitspit is one of project for future. We need platform to publish our works by ourself.

TSD - Now to close... Imagine your house on fire [sorry], what are the few things you just can’t leave behind?

D - My PC!! It's my life!

TSD - Thank you for your time and all the best for the future brother. Are there any final comments / shoutouts you wanna share to wrap things up?

D - Thanks for the good time and big up for everyone who supported me.

Cheers 

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário